Monday, January 10, 2011

Wet N Wild - oh so sexxxxxy

FYI: IF YOU CLICK ON THE PHOTOS YOU CAN SEE THEM QUITE ENLARGED FOR DETAILS ON THE SHADOWS!  :-)

There has been a lot of talk about the brand Wet N Wild and so I gave in during the weeks before the holiday season and when I noticed the limited edition holiday palettes hanging on an end cap at Walgreens, I snatched them up to try them out. I was skeptical of their quality. I'm not a makeup snob, but ever since I started using higher end shadows, I have noticed a huge difference when I apply eyeshadow. It could also be the technique, though... right? I picked up Night Elf and Snow Sprite palettes which each come w/ six shades in them. They are quite hard to find now (if you are desperate, check ebay, but don't pay over $10-$12 for them. Brand new, full price was about $4.99, if I recall correctly.

This is leading somewhere, I promise... Recently I heard Wet N Wild came out with new "trios" and although I had not seen any pictures of looks using the colors, I ventured out seeking to purchase them and give them a go. May as well, right? They are (at time of purchase) 50% off at Walgreens, which comes to a whopping $1.49 for three decent sized shadows!

While there, I picked up some lippies, the new Maybelline Fit Me foundation(s) in colors 115 and 120. <--- I am NW15 MAC for reference and 115 was perfect for me, 120 a tad darker than I like (good for summer) and had a bit of a yellow undertone to it.

So, want to see the pictures of the shadows and STUFF??? I'm gonna post a couple photos of looks I completely using theses shadows, also....


Above look was using the Wet N Wild Silent Treatment Trio palette


The above look was done w/ the Night Elf palette
above look created using the Snow Sprite palette (obviously this is two different looks done at once, I'm not actually leaving my house w/ my face like this, haha)


just being silly w/ ma'hat! .... (and yes, I know the shadows are still two different colors, haha!)

Haul from Walgreens - all of that for $35

L-R "I'm Getting Sunburned", "Spoiled Brat", "Walking on Eggshells"

L-R "I Got Good Jeans", "Knock On Wood", "Don't Steal My Thunder"

L-R "I Dream of Greenie", "Silent Treatment"


these are identified by #'s AND names... click on the photo to see the names enlarged

Revlon Colorstay (R) was on sale for $3.50 (can't beat that, so I bought some to add to my kit for darker toned ladies- or gents)







No comments: