Saturday, May 29, 2010

Well here's a surprise...

I am a mascara nut. THAT is not the surprise, however. Anyone who knows me, knows I love me some mascara! Makeup never looks finished without it.

So, over the years, I've used cheap drugstore, high end, and everything in between. I wanted something to divide my lashes, multiply, make them BLACK (I HATE brown mascaras!) and not too terribly expensive.

I'd like to introduce you to the 'dark horse' called The Body Shop's Divide and Multiply mascara. It's a whopping $18, making it what I consider to be, a high end, but still cheaper than Dior, Yves Saint Laurent, Lash Injection by Too Faced, and others that people tend to really like.

It truly does divide and multiply like it's name. The fibers create lots of length and very little clogging. It, amazingly, seems to stay fresh for a long time, too. I opened one tube months ago, used it a few times and lost it... opened another and started to use that instead. In the meantime, I ended up finding the one I had lost. I used it again and it was just as great! Maybe even a bit better b/c it had dried just a little tiny bit. I use it every day, and get comments on my lashes all the time. I post "face of the day" photos frequently on a couple of sites and the one thing everyone comments positively about is the lashes. One trick I learned is I ALWAYS heat the mascara up. This sounds crazy, but... while I'm doing all my other prepping and makeup, I place a tube of this under my breast. HAHAHA! Really, it warms it up and I don't have to mess around w/ placing it in hot water. Now, if you have smaller breasts, this process might now work for you. My friends think it is hilarious that I do this and there have been times I've went out and realized I still had a mascara tube in my bra and had to take it out.



Until tomorrow.... (or the next day)     <3

No comments: